One of the great things of growing up in the citylife of Holland is that I didn’t encounter much wildlife. My trips into the woods were not scarse, but Holland is simple not the place to scout for fauna.
Nonetheless I am very happy that I grew up there! I’m easily amazed by everything elsewhere!
Herewith a list of animal sightings that I consider unusual enough to be listed. Unusual enough too stir even the locals.
In chronological order:
- Boa constrictor in the shed (Dominican republic)
- Cockroach in bathtub (New York city)
- Mama scorpion with 6 kiddos in bedroom (San Marcos la Laguna)
- Black widow above sink (San Marcos la Laguna)
- Hummingbird (Kolibri) against window, three times… (San Marcos la Laguna)
- Gecko in shower (Puerto Escondido)